Skip to main content

Chainsaw Exorcism with Lee Majdoub From See No Evil II

Earlier on in the week, I interviewed Lee Majdoub who started in recently released slasher flick See No Evil 2. Follow up to the WWE production of the same name.  

I wanted to start by thanking you for providing your time for this interview. Could you tell us why you got into the movie making business?

No problem! Thanks for having me.
I was always artistic. Acting was something I had always been drawn to, but I don’t think I was conscious of it when I was younger. I was going through a rough patch, trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life, and my sister pushed me to take some acting classes while I was studying engineering in college. I did that, and then got hooked.

What can you tell us about See No Evil 2?

Well, See No Evil 2 picks up right after the first film. Jacob Goodnight’s body is taken to a morgue, where seven of us are hanging out. Everyone soon realizes Jacob isn’t as dead as we had hoped. He proceeds to terrorize poor innocent us.

Folks didn’t have much love for the original See No Evil, what is See No Evil 2 doing to wow us?

This film is shot beautifully. It’s visually stunning. I know some of us discussed trying to bring more relationship to the story... show more depth to the characters, which would hopefully allow the audience to feel something if/when the characters die.

What was your take on the first film? What does See No Evil 2 bring to the Slasher film?

I found there was a lot of promise in the first, but just fell short. I don’t think it was any one thing in particular. One of the difficulties for me was truly caring about the characters. In SNE2 I think the characters are a little more likable, and I definitely feel like Jacob Goodnight comes off more as a larger-than-life entity in this film.

Tell us about the character you are playing in the film…

Carter is Tamara’s boyfriend (played by Katharine Isabelle). He knows the group through her. He’s a pretty cool guy. I think he may initially seem like a “douche-bag”, but he’s a good guy. His sense of style is rockin’! Gotta love that hat.

Like most horror fans I’ve had a crush on Katharine Isabelle ever since she was a werewolf. What was it like working with her?

Katie’s awesome! Her portrayal of Tamara is hilarious. She was a ton of fun to work with in our scenes. There was a freedom to her work. She’s one of those people who keep you on your toes while working. I loved it. It kept things fresh.

What scene did you have the most fun with? What scene did you find the scariest?

The scene I had the most fun with was a scene with Glen (Kane... Jacob Goodnight). It was also the scariest. I was a big Kane fan growing up, so working with Glen was an honor. He’s extremely kind, and made me feel incredibly safe. Jen, Sylvia, Glen, and I got to really discuss the scene and work together. The reason it was the scariest scene, as an actor, was because I found out about it the night before filming. I was so excited, and also on the verge of soiling myself due to nerves. It ended up going really well. The scene... not soiling myself. Thankfully no soiling happened.

Who do you think would win in a fight; Jacob Goodnight or Jason Vorhees? 

Jacob Goodnight. I think Jacob and Jason are tough, bad-asses. However, I think Jacob might have more smarts than Jason.

Follow Lee on twitter here: https://twitter.com/LeeMajdoub


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Philosophizing The Walking Dead S2E3 Save Last One and Do Zombies Believe In God?

Welcome to our journey into the guts of The  Walking Dead . What kind of journey? A philosophical, psychoanalytical and political kind. What I would like to do over the next couple months is dig thought the  Walking Dead  episode by episode to see what it can teach us. Thank you for following me on this journey. I look forward to reading your comments. Be forewarned:  There are spoilers everywhere.  Don’t forget to check out my previous article in the Philosophizing TWD series:  Philosophizing The Walking Dead S2E2 Bloodletting or is Rick Menstruating? For the amount of tragedy and death involved in The Walking Dead there is surprisingly few religious references. Most of the God references that come from characters who have explicitly stated an ambiguous relationship towards God. In Blood Letting Rick belts out a prayer in an empty church while Shane and Carl wait outside. In the prayer, he seeks a sign in order to silence the dialog in his own head. The battle ground of his sel

Open Letter to President Trump - An Offer You Shouldn't Refuse

Open Letter to President Trump, You represent the worst society has to offer. Not only has the democratic process been destroyed beyond all recognition but you have inspired a hate not seen since Hitler. You've given the country's idiots permission to let lose the full brunt of their bigotry. You've turned back the clock on women, LGBTQ, and human rights. And you did so haphazardly, for the lulz. But I am hopeful, I'd like to think you'd agree, preventing Hitler-like behavior is a good idea. I'd like to make you an offer. But first, let me tell you how you broke my heart today.

Philosophizing The Walking Dead S3E6 Hounded, Zombie Ethics and How Many Walkers Have you Killed?

Welcome to our journey into the guts of The Walking Dead. What kind of journey? A philosophical, psychoanalytical and political kind. What I would like to do over the next couple months is dig thought the Walking Dead episode by episode to see what it can teach us. Thank you for following me on this journey. I look forward to reading your comments. Be forewarned:  There are spoilers everywhere . Don’t for get to check out my previous post in the Philosophizing TWD series: Philosophizing The Walking Dead S2E5 Say The Word, The Media Apparatus and Alienation In Hounded, Rick is still reeling from Lori's death. In the final moments of LAST EPISODE, Rick receives a phone call from an apparent group of survivors. Rick attempts to negotiation with several voices. But they are resistant to Rick’s attempts to convince them about his moral integrity. The voices ask Rick a set of questions to assess his moral equilibrium. How many walkers have you killed? How many people have you k